Easy Rainbow Cake Recipe…From Scratch! Serves: 1 cake Ingredients 2½ cups white granulated sugar 1 cup butter, softened three eggs 1 tablespoon vanilla extract 1 cup buttermilk ¼ cup heavy whipping cream three cups all objective flour 1 tablespoon baking powder ½ teaspoon salt Food coloring: purple, yellow, blue, green 12 oz cream cheese, softened 1½ cups butter, softened (do not soften) 6 cups powdered sugar 1 tablespoon vanilla extract Instructions
1. Preheat oven to 325 F.
2. Generously grease and flour 6 (9-inch cake pans.) I solely had 3 pans so I needed to bake in two rounds. 3. In a big bowl cream together sugar and butter.
4. Mix in eggs till completely included.
5. Mix in vanilla extract, buttermilk and heavy cream.
6. Mix in half of the flour, baking powder, and salt.
7. When combination is combined, mix in the remainder of the flour.eight. Divide the batter into six bowls (about 1 cup of batter per bowl)
9. Add meals coloring to each bowl to create a vibrant pink, orange, yellow, green, blue, and violet. (see note on how to make colors)
10. Pour every coloured batter into the ready pans and spread out into a good layer. (layers will be skinny)eleven. Bake for 10-quarter-hour or until heart is set. Do not overbake. Keep a detailed eye on them as some ovens run hotter and these are thin layers.
12. Remove from oven and let muffins cool within the pan until pans are warm sufficient to the touch.
thirteen. Run a spatula across the edges of the pans to loosen the cake and then very rigorously remove the cakes from the pans.
14. Place on a cooling rack and cool utterly.
15. Meanwhile make the cream cheese frosting by creaming collectively cream cheese and butter.
16. Mix in powdered sugar and vanilla.
17. Place the violet layer down first and frost. Followed by the blue layer, inexperienced layer, yellow layer, orange layer and eventually the red layer. (frost between every layer)
18. Place a skinny coat of the icing on the cake to create a crumb coat. This will make the cake even throughout and seal any loose crumbs.
19. Once the crumb coat is ready, end frosting the cake.
20. Slice & serve!
21. (To create extra outlined layers of frosting between the colours, place the frosted cake within the fridge to permit the cream cheese frosting to agency up before slicing) Notes Colors: Be positive so as to add in sufficient meals coloring to the batter to make the colours very vibrant. To make orange, create a vibrant yellow after which add drops of purple till you’ve orange. To make violet make a vibrant pink and add drops of blue.